SHREVEPORT, La. (April 5, 2022) – As of 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Southwestern Electric Power Company crews are working to restore service to more than 3,000 customers in Louisiana and Texas following an overnight storm that toppled trees and utility poles.
Some of the hardest hit areas include Henderson, Texas, and Shreveport and Hornbeck in Louisiana. At peak, approximately 7,000 customers were without power between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. Tuesday.
Estimated times of restoration for 95% of customers in these areas are as follows:
- Henderson, Texas: 10 p.m. today, April 5
- Hornbeck, Louisiana: 5 p.m. today, April 5
- Shreveport, Louisiana: 10 p.m. today, April 5
As soon as the storm passed, SWEPCO employees began assessing the damage to the power grid and clearing downed power lines and other hazards. Company and contract crews are working quickly and safely to restore power.
SWEPCO urges the public to stay away from all downed lines and treat them as dangerous and energized. Stay away, keep others away and report hazards by calling 1-888-218-3919.
How to report, track outages
- Use the SWEPCO app, available for download via the App Store or Google Play.
- Visit SWEPCO.com/OutageMap to find detailed information without logging into your account
- Sign up for text and email updates, including estimated time of restoration, at SWEPCO.com/Alerts.
- Call 1-888-218-3919 to report your outage
For updates and photos, follow SWEPCO on Facebook or Twitter.
Public safety reminders:
Downed power lines - Never touch a downed line, or go near it, no matter how harmless it looks. The line could be energized. Don’t touch anything in contact with the line, such as trees, fences or puddles of water. Stay away, and keep others away, especially children and pets. Call SWEPCO or 911 immediately.
Portable generator safety – If you use a portable or RV generator, do not plug the generator into your circuit box. Portable generators can "backfeed" electricity up the line and risk the lives of repair workers and the public. Follow the manufacturers' instructions carefully, and plug essential appliances directly into the generator.