SHREVEPORT, La., Jan. 19, 2021 – Southwestern Electric Power Co. (SWEPCO) bills are sometimes being delivered past their due dates because of unprecedented delays in mail delivery. As a result, customers may be at risk for late fees, additional deposits and possible disconnections.
“SWEPCO offers a variety of digital payment options so that customers can stay on track with bill payments,” said Paul Pratt, director of Customer Services and Marketing. “These options can help you keep tabs on due dates and amounts, and make timely payments, even if mail is running late.”
Pratt advises customers to make a list of monthly bills, including the date each usually is due.
“Marking these dates on a calendar, and when possible, setting up online payments and alerts, is one way to ensure bills are paid on time,” said Pratt.
SWEPCO’s digital payment options
- Paperless Billing: Enroll in Paperless Billing at SWEPCO.com/Paperless to have SWEPCO bills delivered by email. Customers can view their accounts securely with 24/7 access.
- Billing Alerts: Customers enrolled in billing alerts will receive a text or email alert with a bill's due date and when payment is received. Once the alert is received, customers can visit SWEPCO.com/Account and view the month’s bill.
- Mobile App: Through the SWEPCO mobile app, customers can make a bill payment using a bank account, credit or debit card, or find an in-person payment center. A service fee of $1.85 is collected by BillMatrix when payment is made with a credit or debit card.
- Immediate One-Time Payment: Customers can pay a bill by phone or online using a credit card, debit card, ATM card or checking account. A service fee of $1.85 is collected by BillMatrix when payment is made with a credit or debit card.
- Checkless Payment: This payment option is available for qualifying residential and commercial customers with satisfactory credit history. The amount owed is automatically transferred to SWEPCO from a checking or savings account on each bill's due date. Customers receive the bill beforehand, allowing time to review it before payment is deducted.
Customers can enroll in a bill payment option online at SWEPCO.com or by phone at 1-888-216-3523. Customer Service Agents are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
About Southwestern Electric Power Co. (SWEPCO)
SWEPCO, an American Electric Power (Nasdaq: AEP) company, serves more than 543,000 customers in northwest and central Louisiana, northeast Texas and the Texas Panhandle, and western Arkansas. SWEPCO’s headquarters are in Shreveport, La. News releases and other information about SWEPCO can be found at SWEPCO.com. Connect with us at Facebook.com/SWEPCO, Twitter.com/SWEPCOnews, Instagram.com/swepco, Youtube.com/SWEPCOtv, LinkedIn.com/company/swepco and SWEPCOConnections.com.
About American Electric Power (AEP)
American Electric Power, based in Columbus, Ohio, is focused on building a smarter energy infrastructure and delivering new technologies and custom energy solutions to our customers. AEP’s approximately 17,000 employees operate and maintain the nation’s largest electricity transmission system and more than 221,000 miles of distribution lines to efficiently deliver safe, reliable power to nearly 5.5 million regulated customers in 11 states. AEP also is one of the nation’s largest electricity producers with approximately 30,000 megawatts of diverse generating capacity, including more than 5,300 megawatts of renewable energy. AEP’s family of companies includes utilities AEP Ohio, AEP Texas, Appalachian Power (in Virginia and West Virginia), AEP Appalachian Power (in Tennessee), Indiana Michigan Power, Kentucky Power, Public Service Company of Oklahoma, and Southwestern Electric Power Company (in Arkansas, Louisiana, east Texas and the Texas Panhandle). AEP also owns AEP Energy, AEP Energy Partners, AEP OnSite Partners, and AEP Renewables, which provide innovative competitive energy solutions nationwide. For more information, visit aep.com.
SWEPCO Corporate Communications
Carey Sullivan (318) 673-3458
Peter Main (479) 973-2526
Karen Wissing (318) 272-2984
Michelle Marcotte (318) 673-3532