Energy star® clothes dryer rebate - Texas
ENERGY STAR-certified clothes dryers deliver superior efficiency and performance by incorporating advanced features – using 20% less than standard models. For even more savings, consider ENERGY STAR-certified heat pump dryers – they use almost 30% less energy than a conventional clothes dryer. Consumers with high clothes dryer usage and high electricity rates have the potential for large energy and cost savings.*
Why purchase an energy star-certified clothes dryer?
- Advanced Functionality and Performance - ENERGY STAR-certified clothes dryers deliver superior efficiency and functionality by incorporating advanced features such as:
- Sensors to Detect When Clothes are Dry - ENERGY STAR clothes dryers save energy by using automatic termination to help detect when your clothes are dry. This feature also prevents wear and tear on your clothes from over-drying.
- Low Heat Setting - ENERGY STAR clothes dryers use lower temperatures than standard clothes dryers, generally.
- Delayed Start - Delay start gives you the option of setting the dryer to begin according to your schedule. In some cases, delaying the start of the dryer could save energy costs if your utility offers time of use (TOU) pricing.
- Steam Cycles - Many ENERGY STAR dryers also include convenient features, such as a steam cycle that can help save time on ironing clothes by preventing wrinkles.
How can I participate in the clothes dryer Rebate Program?
Our Texas residential customers who own or rent a home or an apartment can upgrade their existing clothes dryer to an ENERGY STAR-certified clothes dryer to qualify for $100 rebate. Please note that clothes dryer rebates have limited funding. Rebates are only available while funding lasts.
Clothes dryers that earn the ENERGY STAR label have been independently certified, based on actual field data, to deliver energy savings. Here is a list of ENERGY STAR-certified clothes dryers.
You can purchase a clothes dryer online or at a local retailer. Be sure to save your receipt since it's part of your rebate application.
Once you've installed your clothes dryer and it's operational, you're ready to submit your rebate request through this online application.